Cornwall is famous for its fascinating beaches and coastline. Apart from that, it features picturesque landscapes and wonderful small villages, which are home to farmers.
Explore some small villages in Cornwall, England
- Charlestown is in the south of Cornwall. You can walk along Charlestown beaches and enjoy the cool breeze on the shore. It is the famous location of Hollywood movies, including The Three Musketeers, Alice in Wonderland, and many others.
- Mevagissey: Its highlight is in the small aquarium which features various fish species. It is the best village to watch dolphins and seals when they come near.
- Fowey is pronounced like “boy”. From the distance, you can admire the beautiful sight of boats on its river banks. It is endowed with many restaurants where you can enjoy fresh food and fish.
- Rock's beaches are popular tourist attractions especially on summer holidays. You can have fun building sand castles in it sand dunes. You can also enjoy windsurfing, water skiing, and boating.
- Mousehole is an old city in the South westernmost of England, in Eastern Cornwall. It has an excellent ice cream shop and a few cafés.
- Tintagel is a historic village with a picturesque landscape. You will be amazed by its natural beauty. It is also home to the ruined Castle of King Arthur. Discover the legend of King Arthur once you lived in Cornwall.
- St Ives is a popular destination for art exhibitions. In fact, it is endowed with fascinating art galleries, especially The Tate Gallery St Ives. It is also home to great restaurants, which serve fresh food all day.
- Polperro is a spectacular fishing village in Cornwall. It features several art galleries where you can admire the masterpieces and work of arts from the local artists. Ask for a discount if you are interested in buying the artwork.
- St Mawes is located on the south coast of Cornwall. Its highlight is in its Castle. It dated back to the 16th century, and is located at the top of the hill which overlooks the bay. The Castle features prison cells and secret tunnels. Apart from the Castle, you can enjoy the beauty of the Lamorran Gardens, with their hidden path.
- Sennen is located in the far western part of Cornwall. Its beauty is due to its fabulous sandy beaches. As soon as you o down the seashore, you can unwind by looking at the crystal blue water. Sennen is the favorite destination of surfers.
How to get Cornwall
In order to visit the small picturesque villages of Cornwall, fly to England, UK, and then travel to Cornwall. Once in Cornwall, you can take a ride to its picturesque villages and discover the wonders of the places. To travel around the villages, you can rent a car through Opodo.
Go to the Opodo's website, and browse over the car of your choice for rent in Cornwall. It is also advisable to book your flight and hotel in Cornwall for the best travel deals. Have a nice time in Cornwall!